Pages

12/17/2012

Real Rest

by my seriously talented friend, Tina Francis (soon to be Mutungu!). At
Idelette's 40th birthday dinner this fall.

Because someone out there probably needs to hear these words, which were heavy on my heart tonight.


"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Matthew 11:28-30 MSG)

And I also love how the Amplified states it!

"Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]" (Matthew 11:28 AMP)

In the height of all that is combust in everyone's life: the events that took place in CT last Friday, the horrific stabbings in China as of late, the 'chaos' of the season, too much or too little of (insert what it may), the burdens you face, gossip, slander, rejection, etc; I pray that this week is a mark of peace, renewal, refreshment, and rest! I love the beauty and promise in which a new week brings!

And getting even more personal to your heart, find hope in knowing that everyone* gets a second chance! Always. Not one person is perfect. So if you catch yourself stuck and/or frowned upon by whomever (including yourself), rest in that simple fact. That's His grace. His unforced rhythms of grace. Seek His approval, not everyone else's.

We're all in this together. Surely.